Friday, July 6, 2012

*peeks out from behind curtain*

Um, hi.

I, er, don't really have a sufficient excuse for not posting for two years. So I'm very sorry. Please forgive me. And I wonder if this bunch of hologram roses and box of cyber chocolates is enough to placate you.

So I'm in a totally different place, geographically and otherwise, from the last time I posted.

1. I graduated. God knows how I managed to do that.
2. I moved to London.
3. I am finishing grad school.
4. I am writing this to procrastinate from writing the thing that would finish grad school.
5. And soon, I will cease to be a student and begin to be classified on the census as "unemployed."
6. I continued playing rugby, and learned how to say "I'm a hooker" with a straight face.
7. I also began training as a First Aider, which involves a lot of paperwork. And vomit bags. And cautionary tales.
8. I gave online dating a go, and I'm still alive. As a plus, he's a musician who makes beer. As a minus, I am constantly competing with Professor Brian Cox for his affections.
9. I am now a slave to BBC iPlayer.
10. I miss USC and the people there, but I intend on making London my new base for the near future.

This post does not really signal a return to Blogspot just yet, because I do want to give Wordpress a go. Partly out of curiosity, and also partly because a lot of jobs I've been looking at would like candidates to have some working knowledge of Wordpress for communication purposes. As you all know, I'm rubbish at keeping up with posts, and when I look back on the stuff I used to write (especially my Afghanistan blog) I sometimes wish that I could write with that same flair born of idealism one possesses in their undergrad years.

So we'll see.

No comments: