Friday, April 25, 2008

Dog days of summer

It's getting way too hot. And I say this as someone who comes from a semi-tropical urban island where humidity is usually at 90%. I'm surprised my school back home hasn't flooded yet, as far as I know.

Another reminder that summer is so near...yet so far.

I'm actually looking forward to having 3 months off school, as opposed to the 7 weeks or so that I've been getting since I was a kid. I will however be back in the US in August....spending about a week in Colorado, then back to LA to move in.

Fanfiction still has not been updated; if I don't get around to doing it before going home, I'll probably work on it when I'm back in Hong Kong since I probably won't have much else to do if I don't get the job I'm looking at. Except go out and get drunk legally, which loses its novelty after a while.

What I'm not looking forward to is the end when I have to pack up everything, fight off the dust bunnies when unplugging electronics, make sure nothing's left behind, find some place to store all the boxes before they're picked up, get everything moved out before my last exam, and then move myself out almost right afterwards without getting to say goodbye to everyone for the summer.

No comments: