Saturday, March 1, 2008

Harry

So it appears that our wayward prince has been fighting in Afghanistan for 10 weeks. And now that we know this, he's on his way home.

I'm torn. I admire him, really I do. (He's pretty wayward compared to William when they were teens though.) Especially his willingness to risk his life and serve as an ordinary soldier. But at the same time it's not the same as when his relatives served in the army. Back then, you wouldn't be able to tell who was deployed where, and the media coverage was about a tenth of the size it is now. At least he's aware that he's a "bullet magnet" out there. 

I guess I would prefer not knowing. Unless he got KIA, and then we'd have a whole new media uproar of "OMGhewasoverthereandthemedianeversequealedwhichissurprisinglynobleofthemandnowhe'sDEADwhatistheroyalfamilygoingtodo"

No comments: